Event: Emily Jordan's fundraising
£615.00 raised of £1,000.00 target
£615.00 raised so far
How to make a donation
Donate online at - www.justgiving.com/EmilyJordan
By mobile internet Scan this code on your smartphone to go straight to Emily Jordan's page.
By text message to donate £10 Text £10
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
My Goddaughter, Ava, was born with a tethered spinal cord, a form of spina bifida. Without surgery over time the spinal cord can become stretched and cause permanent nerve damage to the legs, bladder and bowel. Last month, at 8 months old, Ava had a seven hour operation to remove the fatty tissue surrounding her spinal cord. The doctors managed to remove 95% of the fat and believe that the remaining 5% will hopefully not cause any further damage. Ava will continue to be be closely monitored at the hospital for bowel and bladder function and have physio for a slightly weaker left leg.
I am cycling from London to Brighton (54 miles) in a couple of weeks and have decided to raise money for the Red Cross War Memorial Childrens Hospital in Cape Town. It is a state run hospital which survives on donations and offers its excellent service for sick children regardless of social status across South and Southern Africa.
As there is no direct South African charity for Spina Bifida I have decided to raise money for the hospital where Ava was operated and continues treatment. I feel it is something small I can do for Abbi, Lee and Francis as i was not able to help them physically (as South Africa is quite far away!) during this time and to let them and Ava know that I am always thinking of them. Four years ago this operation would not have taken place in South Africa. By raising money for the hospital it will enable further research into the condition and help the hospital continue to offer world-class facilities for such surgery.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
Raising money for
Charity Registration No. 1121573
The Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital, based in Cape Town, is the cornerstone of paediatric health care and training in Africa . It is the only specialist hospital dedicated entirely to children in the whole of southern Africa. Patients come from poor, marginalised communities and more than a third of the patients are under a year old.
I'll be with you all the way x
Donation by Fiona Knox on 10/06/11
+ £5.00 Gift Aid
Go for it Ems! Presumably it's downhill to Brighton!? Such a great cause xx
Donation by Lucy and Mark Johnson on 10/06/11
+ £5.00 Gift Aid
Well done Emily, enjoy the ride, don't get too much of a saddle sore bum and make sure you get to the finish before Roland does!
Donation by Ben Symes on 09/06/11
+ £5.00 Gift Aid
Go Emily, I will be supporting you all the way, from the comfort of my bed, well you are setting of at 06:30! Lots of love Alisonxx
Donation by Alison Cox on 09/06/11
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
- * Online donations£615.00
- Offline donations£0.00
- Text donations£0.00
- Total raised£615.00
- Gift Aid£147.50
* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.