Event: BUPA Great North Run 2009 on 20/09/2009
£100.00 raised so far
How to make a donation
Donate online at - www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Forster
By mobile internet Scan this code on your smartphone to go straight to Vicky F's page.
By text message to donate £10 Text £10
I shall grudgingly be doing the Great North Run for leukaemia research on September the 20th. This is partly because I work in a fantastic Cancer Research Institute in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and know exactly how much charities who fund cancer research need the money, and also due to my personal experience of the illness, having had ALL when i was eight years old.
Its great that the cure rate for children's leukaemia has risen up above the 80% mark, but until those remaining 20% of people are guaranteed a life past childhood, there is still much work to be done. Refinement of treatments is also vitally important, as even children successfully treated for leukaemia are faced with spending 2/3 years of their childhood in and out of hospitals, missing school and often experiencing things like their friends and playmates at the hospital passing away. They often have to grow up way too quickly and for that reason, more funding for research is needed than ever before.
Anybody who even vaguely knows me will know that i am not a natural runner and i see it less as a sport and more as a form of torture. Needless to say, i am not looking forward to upping the mileage in the next 7 weeks and will probably be cursing most of the way around the course.
Please consider sponsoring me for this event :)
Raising money for
Charity Registration No. 216032
Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research is the only UK charity solely dedicated to research into blood cancers, including leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Your contribution really will make a difference to the lives of the 30,000 people diagnosed every year with a blood cancer. beatingbloodcancers.org.uk
- * Online donations£0.00
- Offline donations£100.00
- Text donations£0.00
- Total raised£100.00
- Gift Aid£0.00
* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.