When you donate using JustGiving, we pass on 100% of your donation to the charity within days.
We then reclaim an extra 25% for the charity in Gift Aid from HRMC. Our technology enables us to reclaim this tax relief much more quickly than a charity could themselves.
Once we have successfully reclaimed Gift Aid for the charity, we take a fee. It’s between 2% and 5%, depending on the amount the charity has raised (plus a card-processing fee of up to 1.3% for a credit card, charged by our partners Barclaycard and PayPal). Charities also pay £15 a month (plus VAT) to be a JustGiving member.
If you’re making a donation in a currency other than pounds sterling (GBP), the payment-processing fee may be different. See the payment-processing fee for your currency.
This is how it works
- You donate £10.
- Your charity receives £10 within days.
- We then reclaim the Gift Aid from HMRC(which takes 2 to 3 weeks) + £2.50
- When we receive the Gift Aid we deduct our 5% fee from it - 63p
- Barclaycard deducts a card-processing fee on pounds sterling (GBP) payments (1.3%) -13p
- We pay the Gift Aid, minus our fee and card-processing fee, to your charity.
- Your £10 donation becomes £11.74
In summary: when you donate £10, your charity receives £11.74.
“Thanks to the many innovative and effective fundraising tools JustGiving has created, both on the web and on mobile, our supporters have raised significantly more than ever before.”
- Macmillan Cancer Support