Investing in technology can be too expensive and risky for many charities. For £15 a month, you get access to all these tools – completely risk free.
When your supporters donate using JustGiving, we pass on 100% of your donation to your charity within days. We then reclaim an extra 25% for your charity in Gift Aid from HMRC.
Once we have successfully reclaimed Gift Aid on your behalf, we deduct our 5% fee on each donation + Gift Aid (plus a card-processing fee of up to 1.3% for a credit card, charged by our partners Barclaycard and PayPal).
Over 8,000 charities are already using JustGiving to raise more money.
This is how it works
- Someone donates £10 to their friend's fundraising page or direct to your charity.
- Your charity receives this donation as part of your weekly payment from JustGiving.
- If the donation is eligible for Gift Aid, we reclaim this on your behalf from HMRC, which adds £2.50 to the donation (this usually takes between 2 and 3 weeks).
- We calculate our 5% fee on the donation + Gift Aid (on a £10 donation + £2.50 Gift Aid this would be 63p).
- When we receive the Gift Aid we deduct our fee from it (if a donation isn't eligible for Gift Aid, we deduct our fee from the donation).
- Barclaycard deducts a card-processing fee of 1.3% (on a £10 donation this would be 13p).
- We pay the Gift Aid, minus our fee and card-processing fee, to your charity.
- Their £10 donation becomes £11.74
In summary: when someone donates £10, your charity receives £11.74.