Need some inspiration? Why not try...
When it comes to fundraising the sky’s the limit, so how about a parachute jump? Or raise some money along with your heartbeat by taking on a sponsored swim, cycle or trek.
Looking for an adventure, something to tone your thighs and raise money for charity? Dig out those boots.
- The average amount raised by an active trekking page in 2014 was £711 – nearly 75% more than the average page.
- Over 14,204 trekking pages have been created in 2014.
Whether you’re cycling round your local park or following the route of the Tour de France, cycling events are a great way of fundraising. Just don’t forget your gel seat.
- The average amount raised by an active cycling page in 2014 was £530.
- Cycling to raise money is becoming more and more popular – the number of cycling fundraisers increased by 105% between 2011 and 2013.
Want your big day to make someone else’s? Forget toasters – ask for charity donations instead and you’ll make a real difference.
- The average donation on a wedding page in 2014 is £58 – more than double the overall average.
- 10,664 couples have set up wedding pages on JustGiving over the last 13 years. Not one of them wishes they’d asked for linen napkins instead (we’re pretty sure, anyway).
Always told you’re hard to buy for? Save your friends and family hours of traipsing round the shops – ask for donations to a cause you care about instead.
- The number of birthday pages created increased by 84% from 2010 to 2013.
- A birthday page attracts an average of 14 donations.
Dinner partyDifficulty: Medium
Do you know your onions? Put on your chef’s whites and throw a dinner party. Then just ask guests to donate what they think the meal's worth.
- Send out dinner invitations with the address of your page using our email tool.
- If you're in the UK, share your JustTextGiving code with your guests so they can text their donations while they’re at the dinner table.
Food forfeitDifficulty: Hard
A little sacrifice can go a long way when it comes to fundraising. Love cheese? Chocolate? Chillies? Get sponsored for abstaining and turn your loss into your favourite charity’s gain.
- Forfeiting your favourite food? Try supporting a famine relief or food-related charity.
- Celebrate the end of your abstinence in style by throwing a cheese/chocolate/chilli themed dinner party and boost your fundraising by asking for a donation.
Make your Fundraising Page stand out
Find a charity
There are more than 13,000 charities and projects from all over the world on JustGiving. Find the cause you want to support