Accessible text-only version
We provide a text equivalent for non-text content such as images.
Sometimes we just need to say more about the image than is possible with alternative text descriptions.
How JustGiving works
- You make a donation.
- We send 100% of your donation to the charity within days.
- We reclaim Gift Aid on behalf of the charity.
- Our charity members pay us a fee.
- We re-invest all our profits into world-class technology and innovation.
- You, and more people than ever, have more ways to give to charity.
Our record of innovation
- JustGiving launches.
- We start reclaiming Gift Aid for charities online - 85% of JustGiving donations successgully receive Gift Aid, compared to only 43% offline.
- First online fundraising page.
- 2.6 million people have used JustGiving by the end of 2001.
- In this same year the iPod is launched.
- The London marathon tries JustGiving. Runners love it.
- The Euro is launched in 12 countries.
- Super-secure card verification technology.
- 1st ever tweet.
- We launch our first Facebook app.
- Facebook reaches 58 million users.
- Donations through PayPal - 27% of JustGiving transactions are through PayPal.
- Charity branding - Nearly 8000 charities are stamping their brand on their JustGiving profile.
- iPhone & Android apps.
- Eyjafallajokull erupts.
- Charity reporting dashboard is launched.
- JustGiving API is launched.
- Giving through social media - Each Facebook share is worth an average of £5 in donations to a fundraiser's charity.
- We launch our mobile site including PayPal integration.
- 25% of our visits are from mobile users.
- We launch Direct Debits for charity donations.
- Fundraisng teams - Teams raise 33% more than the average fundraising page.
- Launch of JustTextGiving by Vodafone.
- We launch company fundraising platfform - Hundreds of great companies join JustGiving.
- Giving through social media - Donors give 44% more when they can give without leaving Facebook.
- Launch of new fundraising pages
- Launch of In Memory section.
- £1 billion raised through JustGiving
- Launch of new JustGiving re-brand