Weʼre raising £400 to volunteer with Think Pacific in Fiji this summer
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Bula! This summer I will be making the long journey to Fiji to volunteer with the registered charity Think Pacific for a month expedition. Throughout the month trip, I, and a team of other NTU students will be working together to make a positive difference and contribute to the development of education and sports projects. We will be living in a small, underdeveloped village with our own Fijian family which will allow us to be fully immersed in the day to day life of a Fijian community. During the trip I will:
- Utilise my knowledge of sport provided by my course at NTU, alongside my passion for sport, to teach children key basic skills to help them improve at sports, as well as providing them with basic sports equipment that we perhaps take for granted.
- Help deliver lessons in a local school with the aim of developing numeracy and literacy skills. Fijian schools are severely lacking in basic resources and staff to be able to provide quality education for the children.
- Be a part of the local community and provide a meaningful contribution to the families living within.
Any donation possible would be amazing and will help make a massive difference in helping me raise money for this incredible trip to Fiji. The first £400 raised will go directly to the charity to help provide equipment and supplies etc., any money raised after that will be going towards my own fees for the trip so I can get there and make a real difference!
By donating to Think Pacific, you will be helping them to continue to contribute to Fijian villages where they have already achieved great things:
- 180,000 hours of educational support for disadvantaged children
- 72 kindergartens created
- Over 60 building projects completed
- A huge 600% increase in sports participation
- Seen a 40% improvement in literacy in Summer 2016
To find out more about Think Pacific click on the link or watch the video below!
Share this story
Updates appear here
Aidan Lake started crowdfunding