Weʼve raised £2,000 to Help various charities between Swansea and Blackburn
- Funded on Thursday, 13th June 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
What started as a joke has become reality so here it goes...
On Sunday May 5th the 2 football teams i have always supported will play each other. And to raise money for several charities i have decided to run to the game. Only problem is the game is in Blackburn!!
Yes i will be running from the Liberty Stadium in Swansea to Ewood Park in Blackburn, running approx 245 miles across 8 days. Why? Apart from being an idiot, there are a few charities id like to help so i thought why not do something a bit different and a bit special.
The charities which i will be raising money for are spread between Blackburn and Swansea -
- Blackburn Rovers Community Trust. BRCT do so much work in their local community and not just through sport.
- Singleton Hospital Neonatal & Special Care Baby Unit in Swansea. My cousin had her son last year and he was 12 weeks premature. The care from the staff during and afterwards was outstanding.
- Lancashire Women and Newborn Centre (LWNC). As above i'm sure the work the staff do at this centre is remarkable.
- Swansea Stormers Down Syndrome Football Team. Some of you may know i'm lucky enough to coach a local down syndrome team. The joy the players get from a simple game of football is amazing.
Thank you in advance to everyone who donates and supports me during this challenge. Ill keep you all updated on the training and all the injuries im about to get.
Updates appear here
Andrew Williams started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 10, 2019
Well done from zoe's clients x
May 9, 2019
well done from south wales blind centre
May 8, 2019
Glad you survived !
James & Uzzell
May 7, 2019
Fantastic achievement. Congratulations from all at James & Uzzell Accountants
F P Hurley & Sons Ltd
May 7, 2019
Andrew Well Done!!We are extremely pleased to be able to make the following donation to your Charity Run from Swansea to Blackburn.Kind regardsF P Hurley & Sons Ltd
May 5, 2019
Dear Andrew and John,well done to the both of you .So proud of you Luv Sue
May 4, 2019
Fantastic effort mush, one of my sons was 10 weeks premature and was cared for in SCBU.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding