Weʼre raising £3,000 to Help Misericordia to raise EUR 200k to build in the favelas of La Pincoya (Chile): music conservatory / dance academy / football pitch
- Santiago, Chile
- 10 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
As some of you are aware, I am taking a career break for 10 months (15th September to 15th July 2019).
The reason I am doing this is to take some time and give back to other communities in the world. My family and myself will spend one month in the favelas of La Pincoya (suburb North of Santiago de Chile), helping the charity Misericordia International (more details below).
The plan is not only to give our children more awareness on the world, but also to give time to other people who need help and give back what we have been lucky to receive. Misericordia is at the moment looking for 200k to build:
• A music conservatory
• A dance academy
• A football pitch
• An auditorium
• And a chapel of capacity 200.
My objective is to raise EUR 3k for Misericordia International and I would greatly value your generosity to help me reach that goal! Any penny counts!
About Misericordia and this project:
Misericordia’s missions are centred around helping on:
Food and cloth support for families of La Pincoya in financial difficulty.
The goal is to fight against social exclusion, to work towards restoration of dignity.
• Street activities for children and most idle young people within the borough (painting, pearls, crafting of small objects).
• Opening of an Educative centre: 3 afternoons per week, 20 children are welcome for school support, workshops (cooking, dancing, wood crafting, gardening), spiritual education.
The goal is to fight against school failure, idleness, and create a link between the members of Misericordia staff and young people (children and teenagers) in order to establish the trust.
Necessary to education, teaching how to leave in society, and make children embrace the concept of “beauty”, and make them aware of their “talents”.
• Project “Mothers of Mercy”. Worried pregnant mothers are welcome every week at the Centre to share, receive medical appointments, conferences and workshops.
• Drug addicts or alcoholic are welcome and listened at the centre. They are invited to take part in the rehabilitation program proposed by the association.
• Miseriordia wants to put in place structures enabling a better access to health benefiting the poorest.
• They also try and find the best solution for taking care of people trying to quit an addiction.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Benoît Riegel started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Oct 8, 2018
Hope you and your family enjoy the adventure. Safe travels
Sep 15, 2018
Bravo pour cette belle entreprise !
Sep 14, 2018
Enjoy your adventure and live it to the fullest! Oueoueeeeeeee
Sep 13, 2018
Amazing Benoit, looking forward to following your blog. All the best to you all!!!
Sep 13, 2018
Great experience to come!! Bravo :)
Sep 13, 2018
Super projet! Eclatez vous bien
Sep 7, 2018
Très heureux d’apporter ma petite pierre à cette belle aventure...
Become a supporter
Help Benoît Riegel raise more