Weʼve raised £0 to support a small community in Kampala, Uganda
- Kampala, Uganda
- Closed on Sunday, 19th May 2019
Don't have time to donate right now?
The Choose Love mission.
Many local villages in Uganda can barely survive, let alone drive their community forwards with sustainable practices. They have schools, no books. Wounds, no bandages. Toilets, no water or paper. Nurses, no medicine. Builders, no materials. And saddest of all... children, no family.
Your money will be used to buy and transport more supplies.
To provide the local community with supplies for; schools, medical, clothing, bedding, construction and business. And, encourage sustainability.
The team is lead by Kim Merry of Havering Christian Fellowship (HCF), a UK registered charity. Our team spans ages 16 to 50, all from different backgrounds, with different values... all working towards the common mission of supporting a local community in Uganda.
What we did the third time
Trip #3, 2018
- Supplied medical / medicine for locals (over 400 locals treated, 2017)
- Mass clothing supply; bras, tops, underwear, etc.(over 1000 items donated, 2017)
- Supplied mosquito nets to help stop the spread of Malaria (100s of nets supplied, 2017)
- Visited the prison offering donations, love, hope and prayer (they'd like instruments)
- Organised fun activities for locals such as football, open invite (community socialising)
- Expanded the church community (bringing them from the streets, to the haven under a church roof)
Generally, showing we love, care and support them. Choose Love.
. What we did the second time
Trip #2, 2017
We improved the situation at the local schools, supplying; medical supplies, sanitary items, equipment, toys and came closer to finishing the construction of the much needed toilet block.
Other important things we did within the local community:
- Mass clothing supply; shoes, tops, underwear, etc
- Helping set up sustainable business infrastructure
- Supplying mosquito nets to help stop the spread of Malaria
- Supplying medical / medicine for locals, open invite
- Visiting the prison offering love, hope and prayer
- Fun activities for locals such as football, open invite
- Expanding the church community
Generally, showing we care and love them.
What we did the first time
Trip #1, 2016
On the first trip, we spent a large portion of our time supporting the local school mostly in construction and helping the children; building new sections, improving hazardous areas, painting, teaching, playing and providing supplies.
We widened the church community, told our stories, supplied clothing, brought in local homeless, alcoholics and more; many of whom are now living normal, better lives.
Updates appear here
Rebecca Merry started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding