Weʼre raising £500 to for the Velindre Cancer care I also want to encourage more people to Donate Blood to the Welsh Blood service.
- Cardiff, United Kingdom
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I would like to raise money for Velindre cancer hospital & also encourage as many people as possible to donate blood.
My dad sadley passed away on the 12th April 2016 After a long battle with Alcoholism. He was given lots of blood & blood products over the years, so i will be donating a pint of blood every 12 weeks from now on.
I will also be taking up the huge challenge of the London Marathon on April 22nd & Also IronMan Wales which is a 2.4 mile sea swim, 112 mile bike ride and 26.2 mile run in Tenby on the 9th of September 2018.
I have a year to train for this huge challenge & also a year to encourage as many people as possible to donate their blood or give a cash donation of any size.
Here’s some key facts about donating blood;
1. One blood donation can potentially save 3 lives
2. One donation can help up to 8 babies in need of a blood transfusion
3. We supply 19 hospitals across Wales with donations of blood every single day
4. 450 donors are needed to come forward every single day to support our hospitals across Wales
5. Donating blood only takes minutes to do, but for someone in need, that blood can make a lifesaving difference
6. Did you know i could potentially be saving 15 peoples lives by giving 5 pints of blood over the next year?
Please please follow the links bellow and find out how to give blood....
1. To enrol as a blood donor online is : bit.ly/enroltogiveblood
2. To book an appointment to give blood is : bit.ly/wbs01.
I would really appreciate any donation small or big. (all cash donations go to velindre hospital )
Here are the links for Velindre Hostpial;
Please Please let me know in the comments box below if you donate blood or if you have decided to start donating..
follow my progress on my Twitter page @tonge_dave
Many thanks, Dave Tonge
Share this story
Updates appear here
Dave Tonge started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jan 26, 2018
Good luck, a great charity to choose. Go for It! 😀
Emma And Gareth Wiltshire
Jan 21, 2018
Unfortunately I’m not allowed to donate blood, so I get Gareth to donate double! (He just goes for the free biscuits!)
Jan 18, 2018
Good luck climbing those Pembrokeshire hills! Don’t forget your positive self talk.
Oct 17, 2017
Well done for taking up the challenges and good luck. I’ve got my bronze badge for blood donations and working towards my silver 😀
Sep 19, 2017
Good luck buddy!
Sep 19, 2017
Good luck !!!
Sep 19, 2017
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
Cardiff, United Kingdom
I have been a swimmer all my life, I also enjoy running! I work at Cardiff Met Uni as: Performance Director @CardiffMetSwim & DM / Tutor @Cmetsport @Cardiffmet • NPLQ TA @RLSSUK / @CardiffMetNPLQ • MSc Physical Activity & Health • PgCTHE • AFHEA
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.