Weʼve raised £100 to support Liv on leg 9 of the Exxpedition - Tahiti to the Cook Islands
- Funded on Wednesday, 18th September 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
8 million tonnes of plastic waste find their way into the ocean each year. That is the equivalent of one dustbin lorry every single minute.
The eXXpedition, is a two year-round the world sailing expedition, split into 30 legs. After a rigorous selection process, I am over the moon to say I have been accepted into leg 9, so I'll be heading out to join the team of 10 travelling from Tahiti to the Cook Islands in April 2020! The money raised will go towards funding my leg of the expedition and the scientific research we carry out on-board. All funds raised will ensure we can spread the message and raise awareness about the impact of plastic in the ocean, to communities all over the world - including those most vulnerable. I plan to match fund everything that is donated by my lovely colleagues, friends and family.
The trip was the brain child of ocean advocates Emily Penn and Dr Lucy Gilliam in a bid to make the unseen seen, to highlight the devastating impact that single use plastic and toxins from land-based activities have on our planet’s oceans, ecosystems and on human health.
● Support solutions-based science by collecting scientific marine plastic samples and research to feed into global, large-scale studies, contributing to world class scientific studies that are urgently needed to inform up-stream solutions and close the loop on plastic waste on land
● To explore the scale of plastic pollution and the available solutions
● To inform and educate so that people can better understand the real problem of micro-plastics and use that to shape actions and solutions
● To further empower women everywhere
● To carry out outreach events, where possible, to engage local communities and generate press coverage
● Create a community of change-makers and inspiring global ambassadors to tackle plastic pollution back on dry land and to become effective leaders that can influence meaningful impact through their personal and professional communities.
● To facilitate collaboration opportunities between the diverse crew of women – artists, scientists, filmmakers, sustainability professionals, businesswomen, sailors and so much more
Find out more about the trip here
Follow my journey here
Updates appear here
Olivia Clarke started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jul 5, 2019
You go Glen Coco! X
Jul 3, 2019
You go get em tiger! What a fabulous opportunity - I’m very envious indeed. Will be following your every move! Best of luck xxx
Jul 1, 2019
Good on you, good luck
Jul 1, 2019
Go Liv! Have the best time! So super proud of you as always! Love you lots xxxx
Jun 23, 2019
Go on Liv!!
May 22, 2019
Amazing News! Best of luck! Thank you for helping to make a change to our future generations to have better world to live in. xxx
May 22, 2019
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding