Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

0

%

£450raised of £5,000 target by 9 supporters

Weʼre raising £5,000 to set up a non-profit school which will provide free education to children from underprivileged background.We need funding for initial setup.

What is crowdfunding?

Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

Story

New Ortus is basically an idea of a non-profit based school which will provide high standard education to the students of the vicinity. The concept is to provide free education to 50-60% of the students those who belongs to underprivileged background and remaining 40% students those who can afford will be charged a low fee to cover operational expenses only.

New Ortus will be established in the Abbottabad city, which is located in the K.P.K province of Pakistan. Abbottabad city is chosen because of its important geographical location. It’s centrally located in the region and easy accessible from the surrounding rural areas.

Right now, after conducting survey of the location it is concluded that most of the educational institutes are unable to provide high standard of education. While, the schools which are capable to provide better standard of education are offering very expensive fees structures.

The main goal of New Ortus is to provide high standard education on reasonable costs. After New Ortus starts its operations, the generated funds will be re-invested back into the school activities. New Ortus have plans to give 100% free education to the needy and bright students which will make up to 60% of the students.

Initially New Ortus needs funding to establish an institute. After establishment of its setup, it has enough capabilities to run its operations smoothly without any external funding. As, New Ortus is a non-profit project so any earnings of the institute will be re-invested in the school for the betterment of its students.

New Ortus will be a co-education school, offering education up to primary level. Later on it will be upgraded to middle and then to the Secondary level. New Ortus will hire the best available faculty, as the standard of education of any institute depends totally on its faculty. New Ortus will follow the British educational standards and will be offering the syllabus which is being taught in the best schools of United Kingdom. New Ortus will be equipped with the latest computer lab and well-maintained library.

Moreover, after the school timings and on weekends the premises of school will be used to offer numerous life skills and social awareness workshops. Also, training courses will be given to the faculty members so they can improve their teaching techniques according to the latest educational requirements.

Share this story

Updates

0

FARZEEN MAHMOOD

Updates appear here

    22 days ago

    FARZEEN MAHMOOD started crowdfunding

    Leave a message of support

    Page last updated on: 8/16/2018 9:27 AM

    Supporters

    9

    • Amna ALI

      Amna ALI

      Aug 16, 2018

      £20.00

    • Fixy247.com

      Fixy247.com

      Aug 15, 2018

      Great idea ! Go for OFSTED compliance and it will be a Model educational institution. It will be a hit - where IK has specifically put education as number one priority. Good luck !

      £100.00

    • Tanvir

      Tanvir

      Aug 14, 2018

      Wish you the best !

      £50.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Aug 14, 2018

      £50.00

    • Johana Korinkova

      Johana Korinkova

      Aug 11, 2018

      Good luck, Farzeen! This is fantastic!Johana

      £20.00

    • Rebecca Gonde

      Rebecca Gonde

      Aug 9, 2018

      You have a clear vision and passion for what you are setting out to achieve. Wishing you every success Farzeen on the journey and goal to help others, and make a difference

      £30.00

    • Stephen Marsh

      Stephen Marsh

      Aug 6, 2018

      Great project Farzeen, well done for trying to make a difference.

      £50.00

    FARZEEN MAHMOOD

    Become a supporter

    Help FARZEEN MAHMOOD raise more

    About the fundraiser
    FARZEEN MAHMOOD

    FARZEEN MAHMOOD

    London, UK

    Report this Page

    * JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.

    Donate