Weʼve raised £0 to For a project in Pokhara, Nepal to install the community's first piped drinking system and build a new school or health clinic.
- Time left
- Closed on Saturday, 10th December 2016
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised
In October of 2017, I will be going to Pokhara, Nepal as part of a collaboration between Global Action and my school, the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle. We have two main goals to achieve during this trip, but these will only be possible if I raise the 3000£ fee.
My group will be working wit the local community on a well-planned poverty reduction programme. This includes:
1)Providing clean water:
- My group will be providing clean water, installing the community's first piped water drinking system. The shortage of drinking water means disease is spreading faster than ever. Our goal is to directly contribute to lowering infant mortality and disease throughout these vulnerable communities. Families suffering from the consequences of unclean water will finally have access to potable water.
2)Woking with Nepal focused charities:
We will be visiting a multitude of charities such as the Gurkha welfare trust, and Practical Nepal's offices, in order to learn how British charity support vulnerable communities in the area by:
- Building new earthquake resistant school classrooms and health clinics and carrying out extensive renovation of old classrooms or clinic rooms.
- Working during 5 days, alongside local families to implement the project. This will include strengthening education and healthcare by helping struggling and excluded members of society (women and children mostly) reintegrate themselves and benefit from economic growth.
- We will also have the opportunity to play sports and teach informal lessons (basic maths, english, ...) to the local children, which guarantees to be great fun for both parties.
I am beyond grateful and excited that I have been given the opportunity to work on personal level with incredible people from these communities, doing all I have in my power to make a change. Your help is however absolutely necessary and will be forever appreciated.
Thank you, Juliette.
Juliette O'Neill started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding