Weʼre raising £72,000 to pay for building works; new toilets, wudu area and showers for both men and women. women kitchen upstairs,forecourt for activity and prayer
- 1 month to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
LGM Ramadan Appeal
URGENT FUNFING REQUIRED TO COVER COSTS OF EXTRA CONSTRUCTION WORK COSTS OUTSIDE THE ORIGINAL PLAN!
TOTAL COST : £72,000
• UPGRADED AND ADDED NEW BOILER AND RADIATORS FOR BOTH DOWNSTAIRS AND UPSTAIRS. TOTAL COST: £3,500
• WE PUT SUSPENDED CEILING ALL ALONG THE CORRIDOR. TOTAL COST: £5,000
• COVERED THE FLAT ROOF BETWEEN BOTH NEW EXTENSIONS WHICH WAS CAUSING MOULDS IN THE CEILING AND WALLS AND MAKING THE BALCONY ALWAYS COLD: USED TO COST THE MOSQUE YEARLY TO PAINT AND ALSO WARM THE AREA. TOTAL COST: £6,000
• CHANGED TILES AT THE ENTRANCES PLUS WUDU STATION IN THE DOWNSTAIRS LADIES TOILET: WASN’T PLANNED BUT ADDED AFTER TAKING FEEDBACK FROM THE SISTER DURING THE CONSTRUCTION STAGE: TOTAL COST: £8,000
• OUTSIDE PAVING OPPOSITE THE MAIN ENTRANCE: TO BE USED AS AN EXTRA PRAYER SPACE, FOR ACTIVITIES AND CHILDREN PLAYING. TOTAL COST: 27,500
• FOUNDATION ISSUES WHICH WAS ONLY NOTICED BY ENGINEERS AFTER CONSTRUCTION WORK STARTED. THIS RESULTED EXTRA WORK & TIME AND EXTERNAL CONTRACTORS HAD TO BE CALLED IN, FOR THIS TO BE RESOLVED WE MADE: 10 OF 6 METERS DEEP PILINGS PLUS EXTRA METAL PILLARS AND BEAMS UNDERNEATH TO MAKE THE BUILDING FOUNDATION STRONG & SOLID. TOTAL COST: £22,000
Leeds Grand Mosque (LGM), the largest mosque in Leeds with a regular congregation of well over 1,300 Muslims, a dramatic increase since its humble beginning in 1994. Over the last two decades, it has developed to become a truly lively and spirited Mosque, seeking to encapsulate the very ideals on which it now thrives as opposed to being simply a place of worship. Due to its close proximity to the University, LGM has a very diverse and multicultural community; contributing to the very warm, welcoming and friendly atmosphere that the mosque is so well known for by those who visit and access its many services.
With its forward thinking, LGM now provides a vibrant platform for open discussions on social challenges and issues; is an outlet for knowledge, a playground for vibrancy and it is full of energy, passion and conviction in the servitude of Allah and a lasting symbol of belonging and identity.
BEAMS UNDERNEATH TO MAKE THE BUILDING FOUNDATION STRONG & SOLID. TOTAL COST: £22,000
Share this story
Updates appear here
Rehana Ashraf started crowdfunding