Weʼre raising £450 to help Romanian children by walking 6000 miles
- Manchester, United Kingdom
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Hi, I'm Sophie, and I've enlisted the help of my family to raise funds in support of my school's Romania Project. We are walking a total of 6000 Miles throughout 2018. That’s 1500 miles each!
What are the aims of the Romania Project?
- To try and bring some happiness and light to the lives of orphaned and poverty stricken children in the most remote and poorest parts of Romania.
- To try and make a difference to these lonely, forgotten children and leave them with memories which will last a lifetime.
- To change pupils’ outlook on life and add to the development of caring and compassionate future citizens.
Where do we go and what do we do?
- Pupils and staff will travel to Sibiu for seven days, providing essential educational materials to Romanian schools and orphanages.
- They will visit surrounding villages handing out charitable donations to the poorest children, such as art/craft items, toothbrushes, pens, socks, small cars, old football shirts, in fact anything which people kindly donate to take over there.
Please help us reach out to some of the poorest children in Europe, by donating to this great cause.
All funds raised will be forwarded to St Antony’s Catholic College, Bradfield Road, Urmston.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Sophie Purser started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 29, 2018
Apr 15, 2018
Well done the Purser fam, keep on walking!
Jan 5, 2018
Good luck x
Jan 2, 2018
Good luck Sophie. Well done!
Dec 5, 2017
Good luck Sophie, I hope you've got a good pair of shoes xx
Dec 2, 2017
Super idea!!! Best of luck to all! Lots of love from The Taylors xxx
Dec 1, 2017
From you know who, lol. Good luck with your fundraising efforts.
Become a supporter
Help Sophie Purser raise more