Weʼre raising £1,000 to help our residents in Leicester to enjoy an afternoon of listening and singing along to traditional LIVE folk music.
- Leicester, UK
- 28 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
As part of the Gujarati Arts, Culture & Heritage festival on 7th July 2018 in Leicester, we are arranging a free folk music gathering for the elderly community. This is to increase their engagement and participation in a live traditional performance, which we understand through conversation with them that they will find more accessible than an evening performance.
This is because:
1. many elderly people in our community face physical isolation . Our event will increase engagement with other members of the community to promote social inclusion.
2. many elderly people will reconnect mentally with their cultural and traditional music which in turn reduces stress and stress related illnesses.
3. listening to recognisable songs and music increases emotional empowerment and spiritual happiness.
Your contribution will support:
1. transport to and from the venue,
2. the hire cost of the venue,
3. artist and technical support.
As well as having fun with friends and family in a safe environment, it will have a positive impact on their health and wellbeing.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Jit Chauhan started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
Chairperson of 7events which is in its 3rd year and soon to receive its charity status. We look to challenge individuals and increase confidence via interactions and pushing ones’ self to the limit. Improving knowledge of health issues and how best to get help or self-help.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.