Weʼve raised £120 to fund associated costs with fighting against an incinerator being built in Barry.
- Barry, United Kingdom
- Funded on Saturday, 2nd December 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
The Docks Incinerator Action Group are fundamentally opposed to the introduction of an incinerator into the Barry community.
Our reasons to fight:
* The council have decided to approve the plans for a huge incinerator that will be burning industrial and commercial waste
* We want to save schools, nurseries, recreational grounds and care homes from the harmful emissions this plant will emit
* We want to safeguard the health & wealth of our growing communities now and for future generations
* We want to encourage our local government to look at other options of waste management that have a lesser impact on the environment
* We don't want to be guinea pigs who pay the price for an incinerator being built in Barry - an unknown quantity across all the scientific data.
Our official petition can be found here: https://www.change.org/p/nrw-welsh-gov-stop-the-barry-incinerator-from-getting-a-licence
Please sign & share!
Updates appear here
Docks Incinerator Action Group started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 30, 2017
I strongly object to the location of this site: next to a railway station & main road, & near thousands of homes on the hillside surrounding it. Madness!! Surely there must be cleverer alternatives
Aug 4, 2017
Let's keep this monstrosity away!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding