Weʼve raised £90 to Please please please help this young man's future to be brighter...by funding 4 nights a week term time only boarding at falconer.
- Bushey, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Schools and education
- Time left
- Funded on Friday, 6th October 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Ricky attends falconer school for social emotional and behavioural issues.
What ever money is raised will depend on how many days Ricky stays.
1. His school experience has been very traumatic age 5 being taken out of class due to his behaviour secluded from the other children, restrained and sent home then being expelled AGE 6......
With a diagnoses of ADHD and epilepsy.
2. council choose a main stream school where it took 18 months to reintegrate him so once again lack of education and social skills.
3. age 9 R ..English levels were that of a 5 year old, never the less my council refused to do tests on him resulting in myself funding it and Dyslexia being diagnosed still I never saw any special provisions being put in place. To bring my child up, educationaly i paid for a private Dyslexic specialist tutor.
Also after lots of hard work trying to work out who diagnoses it, we realized he was also Dyspraxic.
6. R last year of school was also a night mare he suffers from attachment disorder and can't deal with change very well.
His TA of 3 years left he was made to sit sats even though he can't read or write and nurture group that he attended twice a week was stoped and replaced by something else, resulting in self harm in the form of picking till he blead, eczema which he hasnt had since a baby and his behaviour issues caming back with a force.
So once again rather than educating Ricky he was allowed to do what he wanted while all the other children were learning he was allowed to do as he pleased so school had a quite life.
7. I feel as his mum R should never have been at this school for as long as he was a specialist placement should have been made available due to his complexed social and educational needs.
As a child with EHCP they are ment to know were they are going before all other children so a transition plan can be put In place to help with anxiety and any other conditions the child goes through which Tavistock child and adolescent mental health had stated having worked with R over many years.
8. R transition from primary school to secondary school was also a very traumatic experiance as he didnt get eased into the school in the correct manor due to being told of his placement at end of july 2015. Due to Ricky having attachment and anger isssues this caused his progress to go backwards resulting in him being restrained on a daily basis which lead to exclusions and nearly a permanent exclusion wihtin 5 months. After 8 months of school R has failed to make friendships within the school resluting in them suggesting R boards to work on him forming friendships and social behaviour and working on his attachment issues mainly regarding mum. Within 6 months i have taken this matter to my council for funding twice its been turned down due to the costs. In the last year as much as we have come a long way i feel that there is a lot more to be done, without this provision which was suggested by his school, rickys progress will be at a stand still meaning all the hard work would have been in vane. resulting in lifetime issues and possible imprisenment.
- 5 months ago
Tara gladdy5 months ago
Thanks Philip xx
Share this update to help us raise more
Tara gladdy started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Sep 11, 2017
Good luck to you and your boy tara
Sep 7, 2017
Good luck Tara, I really hope you get the funding that you need.xxx
Sep 7, 2017
Good luck Tara and Ricky I hope you get a good response. Xx
Sep 7, 2017
Sep 7, 2017
Hi T, Ricky could not have a stronger, more loving mum than you. You fight tirelessly for what Ricky deserves. Lets hope this helps him x
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding