Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Have you ever wondered what you can do to make a difference?
I did, and I found a way: I’m running the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon to raise funds to support the Paul and Francisca Amedu Foundation which is a charity being setup in memory of my late parents.
This charity will support families in low income communities in Nigeria in three areas:
1. Provide scholarships to students at risk of dropping out of school due to lack of funds.
2. Fund vocational training to enable families become self sufficient.
3. Embark on community projects that will enhance quality of life. Example: Water projects etc. In some villages for instance, residents walk for over 3 miles each way to get access to potable water. This is not fair!
- £53 can provide youth vocational training
- £75 can fund a community book bank
- £113 can fund a water pump
- £150 can help provide ready-to-use food to help save malnourished children.
- £225 can help provide healthcare essentials to a school clinic serving hundreds of children in 35 schools.
I hope you will join me to further this great cause!
Share this story
Updates appear here
Ugbede Amedu started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 14, 2018
Well done, Ugbedz- Nwannem.Good luck !
Aug 6, 2018
Hey Ugbede, great cause, glad to support
Jul 16, 2018
Good luck Ugbede - I know you'll do us proud in NYC!!
Jul 7, 2018
Well done Sam x
Jun 25, 2018
Well done Sam
Jun 17, 2018
Lovely gesture and cause. Good luck bro!
Jun 2, 2018
Great course. Well done.
Become a supporter
Help Ugbede Amedu raise more