About Edinburgh Interfaith Association
The Edinburgh Inter Faith Association (EIFA) was founded in 1989 to promote and facilitate positive engagement between faith communities of the religiously and culturally diverse city of Edinburgh. EIFA is now considered one of the most experienced and developed inter-faith bodies in the UK.
EIFA works with peoples of all faith and none to create a more respectful, peaceful world.
In Edinburgh our work involves:
- Bringing faith communities together
- Promoting understanding, trust and positive action
- Offering our expertise as a resource to all
We do this through:
- Engaging more faith communities to work together within and in partnership with EIFA to achieve the above aims
- Creating platforms for deeper dialogue and cooperation, including educational programmes
- Engaging with new organisations/ groups to offer training and consultancy
- Interfaith Matters - a new sub-division of EIFA working nationally to further the aims of the organisation.
Edinburgh Interfaith Association Registered charity number sc017622