How our fees work
And what we do for it
JustGiving takes a 5% fee from each donation made through the site (which we take from the Gift Aid we reclaim). In return we help people raise more money, more efficiently. By leaving the costly and time-consuming stuff to us, charities can spend more time, energy and money on doing good.
Here's what we're busy doing for our 5% fee
- Running, monitoring 24/7 and constantly improving JustGiving's technology so it can handle high levels of traffic while meeting the latest security and banking standards.
- Constantly creating new fundraising tools and services for charities, at no extra cost.
- Taking full responsibility for the Gift Aid we claim on charities' behalf, being regularly audited by HMRC.
- Providing dedicated customer service for charities and their supporters, giving prompt and expert advice.
- Giving charities full access to their data, helping them track and analyse their fundraising success.
- Providing free support to charities (especially the small ones) on how to raise even more online.
- Giving you a clean, junk-free experience. We'll never spam you, sell you anything or pass your personal details on to a third party. Ever.
Here’s how we charge our 5% fee
- You donate £10.00 and we send it to your charity that week.
- We reclaim Gift Aid from the government (which takes a month), adding £2.50 to your donation.
- We take our 5% fee from the donation & Gift Aid amount when we reclaim the Gift Aid on behalf of the charity, along with credit/debit card/PayPal charges, and send all the rest to the charity. So for every £10.00 you give, the charity gets £11.74, and they get it faster.
|Our 5% fee||£0.63|
|Card-processing fee @ 1.30% *||£0.13|
|Total cost to charity||£0.76|
* Charges vary depending on whether you use a credit card (1.3%), MasterCard debit card (16p), PayPal (1.45%) or Visa debit card (17p).
If your donation isn’t eligible for Gift Aid, we take our 5% fee from your donation. Because over 85% of donations through JustGiving are eligible for Gift Aid, charities always end up raising more with us.
Currently, UK charities also pay a monthly subscription fee of £15 + VAT or £39 + VAT for our service. Learn more in our Charity Terms and Conditions.
What does this new pricing approach look like?
This is how the new fair pricing approach works:
Very small charities – details coming soon
Charities raising up to £15,000 in 12 months (inc. Gift Aid)
Charities raising over £15,000 in 12 months (inc. Gift Aid)
£15 pcm + VAT
£39 pcm + VAT
For more information on this new pricing approach please click here.
It's free to sign up and create a Crowdfunding Page.
We'll send everything you raise to you directly, minus our 5% fee and card charges (1.3% credit card, 16p debit card).
The 5% fee is taken from the total amount raised on your Page, including any funds raised above your target.
For all online transactions, credit card companies take a 1.3% fee and debit card companies charge a flat rate (17p for Visa debit cards and 16p for Mastercard debit cards). These aren't taken by JustGiving and are the same as any other online transaction fees.