Optimum marathon page activation time
Find out ways to help your runners raise more
The key to a successful marathon Fundraising Page is to get it activated as early as possible, but some of your fundraisers will struggle to get donations to their Page. JustGiving is here to help!
Early activated pages are more successful, so here are some ways to get your fundraisers that crucial first donation:
Encourage them to share, Share, SHARE!
- In an email to their colleagues and on social media on pay day
- Via WhatsApp to their family and close friends. A one to one ask is more likely to drive a donation than a general ask to all friends on social media
- Encourage fundraisers to share updates on their page to Facebook. For those nervous about making the first ask, it’s an easier way of getting their page out and sharing the amazing challenge they’re undertaking!
Encourage them to personalise their page – we know that personalised pages raise more!
- It takes no time at all to add a profile picture and cover photo
- They should use the Story on their page to explain what they’re doing and importantly, why they’re doing it for your charity
- Add a target! By letting people know what they’re aiming to raise, donors have something to work towards and might be incentivised to donate more if they’re a way off their target
- Post regular updates (and share on social media)
Think outside the box
- Think of innovative ways they can boost their fundraising: organising bake sales, raffles at their local school, pub quizzes are all great ideas
- Tell them to remind their friends and relatives that if they can't afford to donate then a share of the page makes a big difference. Communicating this can really help means more eyes on their page and more potential supporters