A timeline of page activation
This handy timeline will help you focus on the right next steps
With 3 months to go, you should hopefully be feeling more confident about the number of pages created for your upcoming event. At this stage, switch your focus to ensuring that you achieve the maximum number of activated pages as possible.
12 weeks to go
- 3 months to go and your event participants shouldn’t just have training but also fundraising on the brain.
- The focus of your comms should switch to encouraging fundraisers to visit their pages and start receiving donations.
- Download a fundraising page report (find a guide on how to do this here) from your charity account and identify the fundraisers who’ve yet to receive any donations to their JustGiving page.
11 weeks to go
- Reach out to your event participants personally.
- Email or ring them to have a chat about their training and take the opportunity to make sure they’re feeling equipped and confident to start their fundraising.
- If you’re in need of guidance check out our suggested script
10 weeks to go
- Even for huge events like the London Marathon, fundraisers can be wary about asking for donations too soon.
- This week, get in contact with inactive fundraisers with top tips to ensure they’ve created the perfect page.
9 weeks to go
- If you haven’t already, re-download a fundraising page report to get a list of who your remaining inactive fundraisers are.
- Get back in contact with them to see if there’s anything you can do – a JustGiving survey found that 33% of fundraisers said they needed more help to activate their pages so they just need a few quick tips from you!