Hi there everyone and thank-you for visiting my page
Myself and a few others have decided to complete the Great North Swim Challenge on the 8th June 2019, to further support the amazing work that is done by Fairplay and its dedicated team.
Hosted at Brockhole on Windermere, the Great North Swim 2019 is a
fantastic weekend of open water swimming in the stunning Lake District.The Great North Swim has distances to suit all levels and abilities. Events included are: 250 metres, 1/2 a mile, 1 mile, 2 miles, 5km or 10km.
I work for the amazing charity Fairplay, which supports children and young people with disabilities and additional needs, and their families, across North Derbyshire.
Here are a few of the brilliant things Fairplay provide:
- Fairplay runs play schemes and Saturday clubs for children, youth clubs, activity days, themed groups, and independent living groups for young people, and parent support groups and family trips for parents and siblings.
- Fairplay also provides a home based care service for children with complex health care needs that may be life-threatening or life-limiting.
- Fairplays services offer families the support that they need and gives them opportunities to take part in positive experiences that make a real difference to their lives.
- They enable parents to have valuable respite from 24 hour care and give children and young people the opportunity to develop a wide range of life skills.
- Fairplay offers services from its purpose built centre in Chesterfield and also from outreach venues in North East Derbyshire, Bolsover, High Peak and Derbyshire Dales.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your
details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send
unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to
the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and
cutting costs for the charity.