When I was young, there were three things I really loved: sleep, cheese and art. Fortunately for me, my parents let me have all these things in generous abundance. But not every child is as lucky as me, and so, having failed to find any particularly inspiring sleep or cheese charities (weird), I've selected the Art Room to support as November's 12 Acts of Kindness charity. They do wonderful work in providing art therapy to children with emotional and behavioural problems, helping to improve their self-esteem, confidence and independence, and often supporting them to re-engage with education. In fact, the Duchess of Cambridge is the Royal Patron of the charity, and well, if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for this sleepy cheese fiend.
In case you're new to my 12 Acts of Kindness project, here's a little bit about how it works:
Here's how it works:
- For each £2 donated, you will be entered once into a draw to win an art work - so donate £10 and you'll get five entries.
- At the end of the month, I'll draw a name and get in touch with the winner to arrange delivery*.
- And on my part, I will ensure that the art work you win will be of greater value than the total value of the amount donated. So if we raise £500, the art work on offer will be of a value of over £500.
- When you are completing your donation, please make sure that you tick the box to share your contact details with me so that I can get in touch with you if you win!
* Delivery limited to Mainland UK unless otherwise agreed. Please allow 12 weeks from the end of the fundraiser for delivery
As always, thank you so much for your generous donations. These charities make such a difference to people's lives, and never cease to amaze me.