Bloody Good Period is a project of CIVA. Funds raised are for the use of BGP.
Hello, we are Bloody Good Period. And we would love it if you would support our work with a financial contribution.
Asylum Seekers receive a paltry £36 per week to live on. They are not allowed to work, or to claim benefits. Many women seeking asylum have incredibly heavy periods due to trauma and in some cases are injected with extra hormones to avoid rape on their passage to safety.
It is intolerable that these women are not given the items they so desperately deserve. Many resort to using toilet paper, socks, or nothing at all.
We believe that by taking care of their periods, we can make sure these women have one less thing to worry about.
Bloody Good is (obviously) not for profit.
The pads and toiletries we give out are all donations from you beautiful people but there are inevitable administrative costs we face such as:
- Extra Items. Sometimes we need to top up your donations for the drop ins, and with more cash, we're able to buy them in bulk, meaning we get even more bang for you buck!
- Storage insurance. Safestore generously give us free storage, but we are still responsible for insuring the contents.
- Transporting goods. By van, car or post - we have to get them to places so they can go in t'knickers.
- Marketing materials. Creating stickers, leaflets and posters which help people create successful collections, as well as running occasional ad campaigns to get the word out about the work we are doing.
- Other admin costs. Running and maintaining the website, among other things.
Bloody Good is was founded and is run by Gabby Edlin. She currently runs BGP around full time work which restricts us in terms of output. We would like to be able to pay her a small salary in order to free up more time to work with even more women.