Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page. All monies raised will be sent by the Lichfield Diocesan Trust to the Parish of Brereton and Rugeley.
- A counselling service for people living with anxiety, depression or struggling with bereavement.
- Befriending and support groups for people who are lonely, isolated and suffering with poor mental health.
- Working to develop a forum of local groups supporting recovery in mental health and to fight the stigma associated with poor mental health. We are working to advocate for better mental health support locally with local NHS staff, our MP and other mental health champions. The statistics locally are appalling. In the month to 6th July 4 people in Rugeley have committed suicide. These have been people in their middle years struggling with depression and other conditions.
- Supporting some 40 house-bound elderly people through regular pastoral visits by volunteers.
- Supporting our local schools with volunteers supporting school/academy governance and pupil’s learning and development.
- Keeping church spaces open and welcoming for people looking for some peace and comfort and a place to belong.
- Becoming a hub for people wanting to give something back to their community through their time and talents.