DSUK want to make a million friends.
There are 1 million skiers in the U.K. and if every one of those became a friend of DSUK by donating just £2 through this page (or £1 by text)
we would receive more than a £1,000,000. Imagine the impact that could have on our work throughout the UK and overseas.
Statistics show us that 170,000 non-disabled people ski once a month but less than 1,000 disabled people take part. If disabled people could ski at the same rate as their non-disabled peers there would be 25,000 disabled skiers on the slopes each month.
Furthermore, a million non-disabled people ski overseas each year. If disabled people were keeping up with their non-disabled peers, their number would be about 150,000. In reality it is just a few thousand.
With your help we could provide so much more access to disabled snowsports through spending in key areas:
- We could train more adaptive ski instructors
- We could train more volunteer helpers
- We could increase the number of our overseas trips
- We could expand our adaptive ski schools around the UK
- We could provide a strong pathway for future Paralympians provide more support to the British Disabled Ski Team to win medals at Sochi and beyond, the list goes on........
We need your help Please become one of our friends and help us to spread the word
Alternatively you can send a text by following these details Text DSUK60 plus the amount you wish to donate to 70070
Please note a minimum of £2 donation is required if donating online, however £1 can be donated via text and will still show on the Just Giving site.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH