Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
I am running the Bournemouth half marathon on the 8th of October for Brain Tumour Research...
I've never actually ran a race before sooo please sponsor me 1) for the good cause (see below) 2) so I can't back out (as I will feel too guilty) and 3) so I'm motivated not to be picked up by the sweeper truck!!!
• Brain tumours kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer
• Just 1% of the national spend on cancer research has been allocated to this devastating disease
• In the UK 16,000 people each year are diagnosed with a brain tumour
• Less than 20% of those diagnosed with a brain tumour survive beyond five years compared with an average of 50% across all cancers
• Incidences of, and deaths from, brain tumours are increasing.
Funds raised will help develop the charity’s network of world-class brain tumour research centres in the UK.
For more information visit www.braintumourresearch.org or call 01908 867200.