Here's a challenging quote from a recent report by the Church of England which explains why we're 'growing younger'!
"The current and future health of the Church of England depends on a renewed sense of urgency to engage with children and young people"
So here in Birmingham we're following God's call and intentionally focusing on equipping, resourcing and supporting churches in their work with children, young people and families. Through the ‘Growing Younger’ initiative, and by keeping prayer at the centre, we are:
- Placing Children's and Families Missioners (CFMs) into specific parish churches
- Offering Growing Younger Facilitators (GYFs) to work alongside churches who want to get better at reaching children and families in their community
- Placing Mission Apprentices (MAs) into deprived parishes focusing on Growing Younger projects
- Planting a new resourcing church, St Luke's, Gas Street
- Encouraging and supporting every parish in Church of England Birmingham to 'grow younger' by offering training (like the 'Leading your Church into Growth' course) and providing appropriate resources
Our aim is to see 1000-2000 new disciples over the next 3-5 years
To do all this is going to cost £2.7million. We are so grateful to the Church Commissioners who have given us £1million and we have matched this with £1.2million, but there is still a funding gap of £500k which we hope to raise from grants, trusts and individual gifts.
To find out more about the Growing Younger project and read some of the stories of what is being achieved, please visit our web page at
Thanks for taking the time to visit our JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to us. So it's an efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for us.