Our older sis and bestest friend was diagnosed with a primary brain tumour at the beginning of May 2017. Following Harriet’s surgery to remove part of the tumour she will now be undergoing chemo and radiotherapy over the coming months. In true Harry style she has remained decidedly upbeat over the last month. However, the next year will be a fight, and in order to focus our energy on something positive we have decided to raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity (BTC).
Research into brain tumours receives less than 1% of national cancer research funding in the UK, and unlike most cancers, the number of brain tumour incidences is rising. BTC is a fantastic charity which fights brain tumours through pioneering research, raising awareness and providing support to those affected and their families.
Wealth Management Company St James’s Place (SJP) has very kindly agreed to double match what we raise. So for every £1 you donate, SJP donate an additional £2, trebling your donation to £3. Of this, £2 will go directly to the BTC and the further £1 will be split across numerous other charities which the charitable arm of SJP, the SJP foundation, support.
Our initial target is to raise £20k through running a series of events as well as online donations. So far our friends and family (#harryshelpers) have agreed to do the following:
- Charlie, Emily and Dave will be running the Worthing triathlon in July
- Celia will be running the Hexham half marathon in July
- The Downing family are hosting a rounders tournament and raffle
- Harri is hosting a treasure hunt/pub crawl in London
- Charlie and Jack are running the Hvar half marathon in August
- Alex and Euan are cycling the Manchester 100k in September
- Nicola, Enneka and Harri will be hosting a prosecco and bake sale in Brixton
- Izzy, Angus and Lorna will be running the Robin Hood half marathon in September
- Lots of family and friends are taking part in the BTC Windsor Twilight walk in October
- Nicky, Jess and Ollie will be running the Royal Parks half marathon in October
- Lizzie and Katherine will be running the Wimbledon half marathon in October
- Jarvis is hosting a family fun day in Leicester
- Henry, Lucy and Louisa are hosting a Carol Concert at All Saints Church in Fulham
- A charity gig with Juliet Temko and Tidy Street ft. Georgie Dale
- Classical music concert with Kate Millett and many more talented musicians
- Speed dating with special guests Charlotte and Helene Hoiness
We hope to see you at many of these events and would appreciate any donation you can offer.
Bea and Henry