Ideas to boost your fundraising
Looking for an original way to raise money for your favourite charity? There are loads of unusual things you can do, no matter what you’re interested in. Here are some of our favourite ideas.
Facing one of your fears is a great way to show people that you’re serious about raising money for your cause. If you’re feeling really brave, use the Dare to Donate app and let your friends decide what you should do.
- Do a skydive or bungee jump
- Hold a spider (argh!)
- Perform at an open mike night
- Go without makeup for a month
If you’re the artistic type then why not put your talent to good use when you’re fundraising? Ask for donations in exchange for your homemade crafts or entry to an event.
- Sell crafts in exchange for donations
- Put on a gig, concert, performance or play
- Take part in a 24-hour paint, dance or knitathon
- Organise a bake sale
Taking part in an organised sports challenge like a marathon, bike ride or swimathon is a great way to raise money, but how do you make your event stand out from the crowd?
- Ask your supporters to guess your finish time (no pressure!)
- Let people vote for a hilarious costume you’ll have to wear on the day
- Film some funny clips from your training sessions to share on social media
- Write a blog so friends and supporters can follow your progress
Fundraising should be fun, so gather your best mates (and anyone else who wants to come along…) and ask for donations in exchange for entry into your awesome party, dinner or event.
- Set up a dining club
- Organise a movie night
- Put on a coffee morning
- Host a barbeque
See our creative fundraising ideas.
Easy fundraising ideas
Fundraising with little effort.
Get your friends to donate instead of giving presents.