Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
I'm a parent to 5 wonderful children, 2 of my own and 3 step-children. I have also enjoyed many many live concerts and it's something i actively encourage our children to go attend. What happened in Manchester hit a real chord with me because of this but also because of the victims of this attack, those people could have been our youngsters enjoying a pop concert
I can not begin to imagine what the parents and friends of those victims are going through, when we send our kids to concerts we are, and should be, safe in the knowledge that they are having a good time seeing their favourite bands. It should be a place of safety, and of forgetting the real world for a few hours. Unfortunately that was not the case in Manchester.
Only nights before myself and our 10 year old attended a Take That concert at Metro Radio arena in Newcastle.
As a mark of respect i wanted to do something that would be challenging, the parents and friends of the victims are going through huge challenges at the moment and i wanted to help raise funds to support them.
On the morning of Thursday 29th June 2017 I will be leaving Newcastle to walk to Manchester to pay my respects to those killed an injured in the attack at Manchester Arena. The walk should take approximately 2 days.
I will be starting the walk from outside the Metro Radio Arena and finishing outside Manchester Arena.
I will be posting my route here soon with approx timings. I actively encourage anyone to join me on sections of the route if they want, from all walks of life and all cultures. This is about love, not hate.
Please help me raise money for the emergency fund
The We Love Manchester Emergency Fund has raised £2m in just 24 hours. Sports stars, celebrities, members of the public and businesses have all responded to the call for funds to support people affected by the devastating attack in Manchester, as donations have come pouring in from across the country. The Manchester Evening News, who launched the We Stand Together appeal raising £1m, have joined forces with the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund.The fund will support people who have been injured or bereaved by the attack. The donations will help alleviate suffering and ensure that victims and their families do not face short-term financial difficulties. The Lord Mayor of Manchester, Councillor Eddy Newman, said: "We are incredibly grateful to everyone who has generously supported the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund. "The money raised through your donations will make a real difference to those who have been affected by this horrific attack. The magnificent support received so far shows just how strongly the world stands united with the city of Manchester at this difficult time."
Mike Adamson, Chief Executive of the British Red Cross said: “We have been moved by the compassionate response to this appeal for victims and their families. People from communities across the U.K. and right around the world are showing their solidarity by donating. The money raised will contribute to those affected by this terrible attack getting the help that they need today, tomorrow and into the future". Please donate now to help those bereaved or injured.
The money raised will be used to assist the victims of the attack, their families and dependants. In the unlikely event that we raise more money than can be reasonably and efficiently spent, surplus funds will be used to respond to similar events in the UK that charity trustees consider appropriate. For more information visit www.redcross.org.uk