Your money will save lives.
Lives, full of potential, should not be cut short far too early - certainly not by a completely preventable cause.
Yet, over 6000 people in the UK die every year due to suicide. Support services, such as those provided by Mind, significantly reduce the likelihood of suicide.
But it's not just suicide, 1 in 4 Brits, will experience an episode of mental illness in any given year (there's 65 million of us!). Yet, only 1 in 4 of those with an issue get the support they need.
Mind, the mental health charity, 'won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect'.
Please join me in supporting Mind so we can help those who struggle with mental illness - after all, our brain is surely our most important organ to keep healthy!
And, if you need more reasons to give...
- 84% of men say they bottle up their emotions daily
- According to the World Health Organisation, "if we don’t act urgently, by 2030 depression will be the leading illness globally"
- One in 15 people make a suicide attempt at some point in their lives
- Suicide is the most common cause of death for men aged 20-49 (more than any other illness!)
- Women in the UK are more likely than men to have a common mental health problem and are almost twice as likely to be diagnosed with anxiety disorders
In 2018 I will run the equivalent of:
1) in excess of the diameter of the Moon
2) nearly 3 times the length of the UK
3) from the UK to Jordan in the Middle East
Specifically, I'll be aiming to run 10km / 6.2 miles every single day for a year (3650km / 2269 miles). That said, I am giving myself some leeway to complete the 3650km with varying distances of run, if needed.
Struggles with mental health are lived with on a daily basis, thus, on a daily basis, I will dedicate myself to raising funds for this great cause. My small bit of daily pain does not, in any way shape or form, compare to those living with mental health issues.
How you can make a massive difference:
It would be absolutely amazing if you were able sponsor me 1 penny per kilometre I run. That's a donation of £36.50.
Of course, any donation, however big or small is very much welcome and incredibly appreciated.
You can follow my runs on Strava: strava.com/athletes/josh_10k_everyday or Instagram: instagram.com/josh_running_10k_every_day. My fitbit will track my activity too - add me as a friend (:
"10k every day to keep mental health issues at bay"
Running > the diameter of the moon (10km x 365) for Mind - The Mental Health Charity because suicide is preventable - our brains are crucial
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. Whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis. We’ll listen, give support and advice, and fight your corner.
Charity Registration No. 219830
Your money will save lives.