Onwards and upwards
Fundraising for Asthma UK
We are the UK's leading asthma charity here to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma
Charity Registration No. 802364 (England), SCO39322 (Scotland)
Here are a few mountain stats for those who are interested...
- Ben Nevis: Height: 1,344m. Starting elevation: 30m. Total climb: 1,314m. Distance to walk: 10.66 miles/17.16 Kilometres.
- Scafell Pike: Height: 978m. Starting elevation: 90m. Total climb: 888m. Distance to walk: 7.15 miles/11.5 Kilometres.
- Snowdon: Height: 1,085m. Starting elevation: 395m. Total climb: 690m. Distance to walk: 8 miles/12.9 Kilometres.
The team’s achievement
Unfortunately, Saturday morning shoppers near Bangor put the kibosh on any chance of completing the challenge in 24 hours but we still completed all three mountains in respectable times.
- Ben Nevis completed in 5 hours and 10 minutes: Started at 4.30 pm, down by 9.40 pm
- Scafell Pike completed in 4 hours: Started at 4.20 am, down by 8.20 am
- Snowdon completed in 4 hours and 10 minutes – start at 1.50 pm, down by 6.00 pm
There are plenty pictures of spectacular views and the team in various stages of fatigue in Flickr: