The 2018 Ride for Eric event returns with a new venue that provides opportunities to establish and nurture links with old supporters and new, in a cycle friendly environment. Forge Valley School is close to Dam Flask and the Tour de France routes. The closed circuit track at Forge Valley provides an opportunity to provide a far more family friendly fun ride alongside other cycling activities, without the need to go anywhere near an open road. The Forge Valley event ‘Hub’ will be the start and finish of all rides providing opportunities for children and adults not participating in the three distance rides to have a go at some of the different cycling disciplines available.
The RfE Trust objectives
- To create and sponsor mass participation cycling events
- Facilitate the education of cyclists and all road users about safe road user practices and etiquette
- Create educational, informative and entertaining community activities to promote and disseminate safe cycling practices and safe road user practices
- Increase participation in cycling in all areas of the community including anyone disadvantaged by physical, mental, geographical and socio-economic barriers
- Promote – irrespective of age or ability, the health benefits of participating in cycling activities
- Create and maintain a bereavement service that supports families through bereavement
- The promotion of community participation in healthy recreation in particular by the provision of facilities for cycling
- To advance the education of the general public in road safety
- The promotion of good health of those suffering bereavement by the provision of a support service.