Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
So what's it all about.......
My daughter Ani died from Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) in October 2002. She was 14 years old, a vibrant and passionate member of her school, Camden School for Girls in London. (CSG)
She would be up early every morning to meet up with friends and always spoke with such love and enthusiasm for the school, a true Camden Girl!
A defibrillator would have increased her chances of survival by 74%........ I am passionate about getting defibrillators in to ALL schools and in her memory I am raising 10K plus to fund the purchase of Defibrillator machines including training for CSG and other nominated Camden Schools including: Acland Burghley, Eleanor Palmer, William Ellis, Parliament Hill, La Sante Union and King's Cross Academy.
It has been 13 years since her death, defibrillators are portable, compact and incredibly easy to use.The only access in the past has been via the emergency services.....this may be too late as was the case for my Ani.
A few facts:
- 12 young people die every week from undiagnosed cardiac conditions
- There is rarely a warning that someone is about to suffer a SCA.
- SCA is caused by an abnormal heart rhythm which causes the heart to stop pumping blood.
- SCA is the most extreme case of an emergency, as the patient loses consciousness at once and stops breathing immediately.
- Defibrillators give a vital shock through the chest wall and help restore normal hear beat.
- Calling 999 and administering immediate treatment with CPR and using a defibrillator before paramedics arrive, gives the victim the best chance of survival from 6% to over 74%.
It would reassure parents and staff that Schools have actively taken measures to have this life saving equipment on school premises.
I have the support of a fantastic charity called “Hand on Heart” that do just this work and will be implementing all the training for 8 staff members and 30 pupils.
In order for this project to be effective in making every child ❤️safe in every school, the nominated schools will be fundraising for other schools who in turn have pledged to do the same, thereby creating a domino effect so that ALL schools in the UK become ❤️safe. The sooner we can get all schools ❤️Safe the better!
Let's raise lots and lots of funds so that this tragedy can be avoided in future and as parents we are safe in the knowledge that our children are Ani❤️Safe at school.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.