Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
My name is Steve Parker and I am 61 years old The last few years have been very tough for me after I lost my little brother to Cancer. My little brother is called Nicky Parker and he was just 57 when he died of Cancer.
My little brother spent his last remaining days at Rowans Hospice being cared for so lovingly by their dedicated team. Losing anyone in this world is a extremely emotional experience but knowing that he passed away in such peaceful surroundings that Rowans Hospice provided, brought comfort in an otherwise painful moment.
Rowans is an important part of our community and I really wanted to give something back to them as a small way of saying Thankyou.
It costs £6.5 million pounds each year to provide the excellent care for the patients. 86.5% of that total is raised by people like you and me in our local community.
So at 61 years old what can I do to challenge myself whilst raising money for this great charity?
I know! I will stand on top of a 1942 WWII Stearman biplane, 700 ft in the air reaching speeds of 130mph. 😳
In memory of you Nicky xxx
Did You Know …?
- The Hospice was named the Rowans due to the mystical and healing properties associated with the Rowans Tree.
- The Hospice was actually meant to have 20 bedrooms, but the design team had not thought that the Matron would need an office base.
- The first patients through the doors were an elderly lady with terminal cancer and a young gentleman with HIV
- All care and support is given free of charge
- 3117 Carers were supported by Living Well Centre last year
- Rowans undertakes on average 554 home visits a month
- It takes a total of 306 dedicated members of staff and 1527 volunteers to run Rowans Hospice and Retail operations
- We need raise £527 to fund just one overnight stay in-patient ward
- 140,535 voluntary hours are worked across the charity every year
- We need to raise £19,655 every day to provide our care
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, They will send every penny donated directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.