WHO we are
Tabletochki (Pills) Charity is a Ukrainian NGO that advocates and protects interests of children suffering from cancer in Ukraine. Tabletochki procures medicines that are not available from public procurement, arrange palliative care, pay for the treatment abroad when it is not available in Ukraine, run regular art therapy lessons at pediatric oncology departments, develop the volunteer and donor movement in Ukraine.
Our partner charity - Paul O'Gorman Lifeline - helps us fundraise outside of Ukraine.
WHY we need your help
Every year more than 1,000 children in Ukraine are diagnosed with cancer. The state provides only about 50% of essential medicines to treat cancer. More than 200 children die from cancer annually in Ukraine. Not all types of medical treatment and evaluation are available in Ukraine.
WHERE we need your help
We fundraise to:
- Purchase medicines which are either non-registered or unavailable in Ukraine (e.g., Erwinase, Tioguanine, Ampho moronal, Azaktam, Vidaza, etc.)
- Pay for stem cell transplant from an unrelated donor
- Pay for retinoblastoma (eye cancer) treatment
- Cover living costs (accommodation, food, etc.) of families during treatment abroad
- Pay for other types of treatment and medical examination which are not available in Ukraine (mIBG-scintigraphy, mIBG-therapy, immunotherapy, etc.)
HOW MUCH we need to fundraise
- a stem cell transplantation (SCT) from an unrelated donor - EUR 115,000 - EUR 164,000
- retinoblastoma treatment - EUR 5,000 - EUR 40,000
- mIBG-scintigraphy - EUR 550 - EUR 770
- mIBG-therapy - EUR 40,000
- immunotherapy - EUR 100,000 - EUR 250,000
- living costs (for 1 family) - EUR 8,000 - EUR 10,000 per year
The figures are huge. But a dozen EUR 50 donations will allow us paying for mIBG-scintigraphy for 1 child in Italy or for a month stay out of Ukraine during the treatment.
HOW to donate
All donations will be passed to us by the UK registered charity Paul O’Gorman Lifeline (Charity No 1108060) which has been supporting Ukrainian children who need an SCT from an unrelated donor for the last 12 years.
Donations are spent according to the urgent needs of children under our care. However, if you would like to donate for a specific child - please mention his/her name in donation comments.