Ten of us are taking part in the British 10k in London on 13 July 2014. Some will be running, some will be jogging, others may choose to walk at a leisurely pace. In which ever manner we get round the course, we will do it to raise awareness for this fabulous charity!
Why are we doing this?
All those taking part have been affected by alopecia. We are keen to take Alopecia UK to the next level and for it to become a charity that those affected by hair loss can rely on for years to come. We have big ambitions for the charity but as the saying goes "money makes the world go round". The more cash we can bring into Alopecia UK, the more Alopecia UK can do. We're aiming to bring in 10k for our 10k! It's a BIG ask but we're ever the optimists!
What are we thinking we will get from taking part in the British 10k?
- That warm fuzzy feeling you get from doing something as a team.
- A feeling a patriotism only gained from donning a pair of trainers and hot-footing it cross our nation's capital, admiring London's landmarks.
- Your cold hard cash for Alopecia UK! ;-)
- Feelings of pride knowing we have done our bit to raise awareness of alopecia as we race round the 10k course in our bright blue t-shirts.
- Blisters. Probably loads of blisters.
Thank you for your support. It really does mean the world to us. Alopecia UK's motto is Have Passion, Take Action. Well, we certainly have the passion and we hope that running, jogging and no doubt panting our way around the 10k course will count as taking action!!