Hi Everyone :)
I am running the Big Half London Marathon for Penny Appeal. The funds raised are absolutely critical in Penny Appeals ability to act fast during a crisis. War, famine, disease, poverty & climate change have immobilised communities in Myanmar, Syria, Yemen, Gaza, Indonesia and East Africa, and Penny Appeal need your support to be able to deploy life-saving medical aid, food, clothing, sanitation and shelter to those who've been left incredibly vulnerable.
Watch our short video about Emergency Response HERE
Penny Appeals teams are currently providing support in:
- Sudan – thousands flee from brutality and displaced in their own country
- South Africa – 750 lives lost after a deadly cyclone hit Mozambique, Zimbabwe and parts of Malawi.
- Indonesia - Over 2000 people have lost their lives, after the coastal city of Palu was rocked by a 7.5 magnitude earthquake
- Syria and neighbouring countries - where refugees are battling to survive
- Yemen - where civilians are targeted amidst conflict, faced with famine and struggling to receive medical treatment for Cholera
- Myanmar - where Rohingya communities are being persecuted
- Palestine - where people are living amid conflict
- Bangladesh - Sunamganj Floods and providing essential aid to Rohingyan refugees
- Areas affected by the famine in East Africa, such as Somalia, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Kenya
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.