- Personal information that we collect
- How we use personal information
- Providing information to others
- Working with other service providers and our group companies
- Keeping information secure7. Updating your account and preferences
- Keeping your records
- Cookies and Analytics
- Access Rights
- Third Party Sites
2. Personal information that we collect
When you use the App (and the website as set out in section 1) we collect and store certain personal information including your contact information plus:
- if you make donation(s) through our services - payment information (and your UK domicile address if you are eligible for UK Gift Aid);
- if you raise funds through our services, additional contact information to set up the fundraising account, including details of the charity, not-for-profit or JustGiving Project that you are supporting;
- if you create a JustGiving Project page through our services, your gender, date of birth, telephone number and personal bank account details for fulfilment of the funding raised;
- where you have given us access to resources on your device (e.g. pictures or contact details) via the App permissions, then will continue to do so until you ask us to stop;
- if you use the fundraising tools in the App to help tell your friends and family about a campaign you are running, their contact details;
- where you log in via Facebook, your friends list and your public profile (as set by Facebook, but including for example your profile picture, your gender and age range);
- any causes or social or charitable interests you tell us you are interested in supporting;
- your internet connection where you are connected to the internet (for example your IP address); and
- your device's identity.
You also need to be mindful that we may collect and store information about others which you provide to us. This includes, if you set up a fundraising campaign for another person, certain details about that person which you choose to provide us with. You must ensure that you have their agreement to do so, especially if you provide us with sensitive information about them. Similarly, if you create a JustGiving Project page for a JustGiving Project which is managed by someone other than yourself, you must ensure that you have agreement from the manager(s) of that entity for you to raise funding.
3. How we use personal information
We use the personal information through the App (and the website as set out in section 1) for a number of purposes including as set out in section 4:
- administering donations including payment processing and fraud prevention;
- claiming Gift Aid (where relevant in your country);
- personalising the content of the App and the website (as well as our communications with users) to fit users' preferences and profile - for example to generate and show to you and other users similar causes and fundraising profiles as generated by cookies and analytics - see section 9 (Cookies and Analytics);
- letting fundraisers know about contributions you may be making to their campaign (and where the donor is happy for us to share their details, allow the fundraiser to say thanks);
- letting other donors / potential donors see amounts donated, and messages of support (anonymously, if you choose that option) as well as clicks on the "Care" button;
- letting charities, not-for-profits and JustGiving Projects who are registered with us know about:
- fundraisers who are fundraising for those causes; and
- donations made to them (including donors' names and contact details where donors agree to this, to allow them to receive more information about the good causes and a message of thanks);
- if you are setting up a JustGiving Project, carrying out checks to verify your details and those of the project including bank account and credit checks;
- if you take part in a Company Fundraising campaign, allowing the company to review your participation;
- contacting you through electronic notifications (including push notifications through the App where you agree to this), alerts and bulletins to tell you about:
- where you agree to hear about them, causes that may be of interest to you;
- where you agree to hear about them, developments in our services; and
- information regarding your profile and use of the App and our services;
- providing service updates; and
- undertaking data analysis (including through information obtained from cookies and analytics - see section 9 (Cookies and Analytics)) and questionnaires to improve the service we offer.
4. Providing information to others
We work closely with a number of trusted partners with whom we need to share personal information to help us operate the JustGiving service. These include:
- our related entities around the world;
- banks and payment providers - to authorise and complete payment transactions;
- our fraud prevention provider - to detect and minimise fraudulent transactions;
- in relation to creators of JustGiving Project pages, third party credit reference agencies - for the purposes of identity check and bank account verification;
- HM Revenue & Customs – but only if we need to authorise claims for Gift Aid; and
- if required for the purpose of a charity audit, providing donor details to a charity and/or its auditor (which may include the identities of donors who have not opted in to receiving charity communications).
5. Working with other service providers and our group companies
For operational reasons, we transfer personal information to service providers and our group companies who help us manage our systems and processes, and to deliver our services to users. Some of these systems may be located in the UK, other countries in the European Economic Area and elsewhere in the world (for example, our JustGiving companies around the world and our fraud prevention provider in the United States. Different privacy laws may apply in these countries and you agree that we may transfer personal information to these countries.
6. Keeping information secure
We invest significant resources in protecting the security and confidentiality of information collected through this App, however, no App can be 100% secure. For more information see our security policy which explains our particular approach to security of payment and card details.
7. Updating your account and preferences
If you would like to change any of your user details or preferences, for example to notify a change of address or amend your preferences relating to the bulletins and updates you would like us to send to you, then please update your user preferences through your App account login, the website settings or contact us using the details below.
8. Keeping your records
We keep records for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. We will ensure that information is held within a secure IT system. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
9. Cookies and Analytics
For more information, and to find out how to switch cookies off, please refer to our Cookies Page.
10. Access rights
If you decide you no longer want to use the services offered by the App then you may delete the App from your device at any time. Please see section 8 (Keeping your records) regarding the information we may need to retain.
12. Third party sites
There may be links to third party websites from within this App. Such sites are outside of our control and are not covered by this policy.
The operators of these sites may collect information from you in accordance with their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
Version 1, UK, February 2015