Business Intelligence Architect - contract
We’re the world's leading online fundraising platform, creating innovative technology that helps people, charities and businesses connect with the causes they care about. We make giving and fundraising simple, social, impactful and inspiring.
About the role
JG has a traditional DW platform based in MS SQL Server using SSAS, SSIS, SSRS and Tabular. Current reporting needs are serviced by SSRS and Tableau but we’re in the process of moving to Power BI.
As well as the traditional BI DW, JG has an AWS Redshift cluster that stores front end web analytics data. There is an urgent requirement to consolidate these 2 platforms with regards to technology, location and ETL methodology.
This is a contract position for the duration of 3-6 months.
Reporting to the Head of Data and working closely with the Head of Data, Data Architect and Analytics Team, your responsibilities include:
- Overall architectural responsibility for the JG BI Data Platform.
- Redesign/re-architect the current DW platform. Consolidate/re-architect the current redshift based analytics platform.
- Maintain, administer current BI DW, Data Cubes and Reporting Infrastructure.
- MS SQL Server
- Advanced BI Data Modelling and DW methodologies.
- Advanced TSQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (incl MDX), Tabular
- Proven experience with both Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proven experience with Tableau and Power BI.
- Demonstrable experience of building and designing a modern data warehouse from the ground up.
- Exposure to Amazon Redshift.
- Knowledge of non-TSQL scripting language(s), preferably C#/.net and PowerShell
About JustGiving Tech
We’re a community of passionate technologists focussed on connecting amazing causes with people who care. We move fast, using progressive practices like automation (for tests and infrastructure), and we’re working towards continuous delivery, lean UX and polyglot programming too.
Whether it’s a third party platform, new language, or best-of-breed API, we use the right tools for the job so we can spend more time on the fun stuff and also make time to tackle tech debt.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV. Alternatively send us something else – whatever you think will catch our eye and demonstrate your technical proficiency, creative flair, literary prowess or belief in our cause. Impress us. Stand out. Email the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org