SQL Server Junior DBA
Working in the Data Team alongside our Senior DBA, you will be jointly responsible for all our data environments including Production, Development and Staging across a mixture of cloud and on-premises deployments.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone in the early days of their DBA career.
This could be a Developer who wants to make the jump to DBA, or someone who has been an “accidental” DBA/Jack-of-all-trades who now wants to specialise. As this is a service based role, excellent people and communication skills are a must.
Your skills and abilities:
- Good Knowledge of SQL Server 2014 onwards
- Backup and Restore
- Database Monitoring
- Security – SQL Logins, roles and permissions
- BAU – Routine service requests
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery – Clustering, Always-on, Replication and Log-Shipping
- Locking, Blocking and Deadlock resolution/investigation
- On-Call Rota
- Performance and Query-Tuning
- SSIS, SSRS and SSAS Knowledge
Things we’d love it if you had:
- Knowledge of non-SQL Server DBs (Aurora, MySQL Couchbase)
- Redgate, SQL Sentry or 3rd Party Monitoring Software
- CDC and ETL
Other essential things to note:
- Our Head of Data is a monster on the ping-pong table
- We’re all about autonomy and responsibility. You’ll be supported but not micro-managed
- The office collectively has a sweet tooth – be prepared to eat cakes, sweets and all manner of treats
We’re the world's leading online fundraising platform, creating innovative technology that helps people, charities and businesses connect with the causes they care about. We make giving and fundraising simple, social, impactful and inspiring. Following our recent acquisition by Blackbaud we are now in a position to truly grow the world of giving.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV. If you’re a proud technologist, why not show us what you do via github or StackOverflow. Alternatively send us something else – whatever you think will catch our eye and demonstrate your technical proficiency, creative flair and belief in our cause.
Impress us. Stand out. Email the People Team at email@example.com