The Floating Doctors mission is to reduce the present and future burden of disease in the developing world, and to promote improvements in health care delivery worldwide.
- Providing free acute and preventative health care services
- Facilitating community development & capacity initiatives
- Reducing child and maternal mortality
- Gathering clinical data for program and health landscape surveillance
- Improving access to specialist medical care in developing regions
- Promoting improvements in health care practice worldwide
Floating Doctors delivers medical care to the indigenous populations living in the Bocas Del Toro Archipelago. We combine comprehensive healthcare services, scientific research and internationally accredited education opportunities to save lives, introduce long term healthcare solutions and break the cycle of poverty and disease for these communities. We regularly visit communities over 10,000 square miles of jungle and mangrove forests.
While Floating Doctors is able to have many supplies, such as soap and toothbrushes, donated, we spend approximately $80,000 stocking our pharmacy with medications and tools to provide quality care to our patients. Your support ensures we can provide ongoing medical, dental, and veterinary clinics, health education, and community development initiatives to people living in resource-poor regions.