Weʼre raising £100,000 to Little Portion Community Project
- London, United Kingdom
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Victims Services Charity need help
The Little Portion Community Project
We are a victims services charity
About the charity:
We are a small charity, founded in 2012, offering counselling, information and support to people suffering from anxiety, most of whom are victims (which is why people often call us a victims services charity).
Our values are respect, understanding, compassion, kindness and working with hope. Our patron is a retired Supreme Court Judge. We have a Board of Trustees and a team of Advisers, who are experienced professionals.
The Chair is supported by three Chartered Accountants and 2 Honorary Counselling Supervisors (a Senior GP and a retired Doctor Major from the British Army). We have 58 eminent and distinguished professionals as Honorary Life Members, including a former Archbishop of Canterbury, peers in the House of Lords, Hospital Consultants and University Professors.
The charity is recognised by the HMRC and is a part of the Victims Services Alliance.
Like other small poor charities of similar size, every penny we have is spent on the poor people we help and therefore we have no funds for publicity or PR (this means we have no money to maintain a website or print brochures). However, we regularly produce detailed reports for trustees and advisors of the charity.
Besides this small charity, we also founded a UK-wide health support network called Healed by Compassion health support network, which has profiles on LinkedIn (22,000 followers) and Twitter (25,000 followers). Our Vice Chair has approximately 17,000 followers on his LinkedIn profile, so in total we have over 63,000 followers on social media.
Some of the people we helped provided a succinct summary of our good work, they wrote:
“Helping the local community is about doing what matters on a very small scale and doing little things that matters to the local community everyday. When we put all that together, the positive impact is significant.”
The people we helped shared these 2 good quotes:
(1) Sometimes the smallest act of kindness can take up the biggest space in someone's heart.
(2) The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
What are the expenses the crowdfunding aims to cover:
The specific costs are as follows
Hire professional legal support from a Solicitor's Firm or a Chamber with direct-access Barristers to carry out these 3 essentials tasks
(1) To handle the large volume of emails and letters written by powerful individuals to bully our chairman when he was trying to help socially disadvantaged communities. Our chairman has disabilities in his eye, nose, mouth, face, speech and colon, life is already painful enough without suffering bullying. In one of the incidents, the bullies sent 2 male strangers to scare our chairman in his home, this kind of bullying is rare even in countries with no human rights legislation.
(2) To help our chairman at the forthcoming court hearings about the aforementioned bullying and appeal against the unfair decisions from the previous hearings (we had no money to hire professional legal support for our chairman, as a result he suffered many profound disadvanatges in the legal process and received no justice. In fact, the bullying intensified after our chairman tried to seek justice in the courts and when the courts did not protect him, the individuals continued the objectionable behaviour).
(3) Use the law to ensure the bullying will desist, the losses are recovered, incidents of similar nature will not be repeated and persuade the authorities to carry out independent investigations (as a small poor charity, we have no resources or expertise to do this tasks)
The aforementioned tasks are essential because our chairman, who is severely disabled with several serious medical conditions, cannot continue to suffer the intolerable bullying from the individuals.
We have received free legal advice from several pro bono organisations prior to writing this summary and was advised not to mention the names of the individuals who bullied our chairman as it would lead them to make more accusations. However, if genuine supporters would like to see the evidence, we would be happy to meet with you.
Who does this high profile case affect and why does the case matter
Our chairman is an award winning, widely published and well regarded Community Leader who devoted his life to serving the public. At the height of his career, he was published all over the world.
When the bullying began, our disabled chairman was recovering from major surgical operations. For the past two years, this vulnerable disabled man to forced to spent most of his time and energy on coping with a wide range of grotesque bullying. This meant he could not properly recover or find employment (which caused profound poverty, leaving no money to hire legal help). Some of the incidents put his personal safety at risk.
What's at stake for the charity and communities it help
The volunteers in our small charity spent the last 4 years helping the disabled chairman to cope with the horrific bullying, leaving less time and resources to help the communities.
What happens if nothing is done or the chairman loses the court case
If nothing is done about the bullying, then the individuals will persist and in fact they have continued the bullying to this day.
This distressing high profile case has wide public significance. At the last two court hearings, our chairman had no money to hire legal support and even though he was accompanied by a group of charity volunteers, the wealthy defendants (who had money to hire powerful lawyers) won. The judges treated our chairman with contempt and made decisions that are totally unfair. This set precedence, which means that bullies can enjoy impunity if they are wealthy and have money to hire powerful lawyers. In other words, those have lots of money can enjoy impunity while the poor can't get any justice.
Due to massive cuts in legal aid, there is no legal aid for harassment, misfeasance in public office, personal injury and defamation, which is why friends in the charity sector advised us to seek public support via crowdfunding.
What's next in the legal process
Specific details about exactly how far we've come and where we're going next
1. The applications for permission for judicial reviews in the High Court were not granted - funding is needed for legal help to assist the appeals and launch new judicial reviews
2. The civil claims in the High Court were dismissed due to the fact the victim had no legal support - funding is needed for legal help to assist the appeals and launch new claims
3. The civil claims in the County Court are underway and funding is needed for legal help to assist the hearings and paperwork
Genuine supporters can email us at:
Share this story
Updates appear here
Little Portion Community Project started crowdfunding