Weʼve raised £1,032 to promote and support four great causes by losing something I love for people I love.
- Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Funded on Friday, 6th October 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
In 2 months I will be chopping off my long glorious hair for charity and YOU have the power to determine if I end up with a half–decent bob, or buzz-cut. I am hoping to raise £1000, however should your generous souls get me to my £5K I will shave it all!!
Why would someone want to risk losing it all, so to speak? It’s definitely not because I want to rock a Demi Moore, G.I. Jane buzz cut! I am hoping to raise awareness and funds for three great causes AND donate my locks to Little Princess Trust, who provide real hair wigs, free of charge, to children across the UK and Ireland that have lost their own hair through cancer treatment.
Your money will go to the following charities - more bang for your buck and even more reason to give generously! (or to just give, any denomination welkcome!
1) Raise much needed money for an amazing charity called Headway, who support and provide much needed services to brain injury survivors, their families and to which my dear friend Zal has drawn much needed strength from. You can read her inspirational blog here. https://onedayonestepatatimeblog.wordpress.com/
2) To generate excitement and funds for a brave group of men rowing around GB to raise money for NuVasive Spine Foundation, an incredible charity aimed at helping patients with spinal problems in developing countries. Follow their progress live and find out more about the crew! http://thecommonoars.com/
3) Cancer Research: I don’t really think one needs to explain why this is a well-deserved cause to donate your hard earned money, but just in case you read the above and are still doubting if you will give: You can support research into what remains a major global health challenge! One in three people in the UK will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime and one in four people will die of cancer- help to develop new cancer therapies which will make a real difference.
4) All hair will be donated to Little Princess Trust
- 1 year ago
Leila Hughes1 year ago
Thank you soooo much to everyone who has donated so far! One week in and I am at 7% of my goal... and I am hoping to surge forward once pay day hits! So if you want to see a grown lady cry on Facebook live... please give! The one who donates the most has the opportunity to cut the ponytail! Thanks again! and please do forward to friends, family and colleagues... let's get this viral!
Share this update to help us raise more
Leila Hughes started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Sep 18, 2017
Great cause xx
Sep 1, 2017
A good cause - looking forward to seeing you rock the G.I Jane look, Leila!
Aug 31, 2017
You'll still be gorgeous and bonkers with zero hair. Well done for raising so much cash xxx
Aug 30, 2017
Brilliant. No more words chick x
Aug 29, 2017
Well done Lei, I couldn't do it!! Xxx
Aug 29, 2017
You are amazing! What an incredible thing to do for such a good cause.Steph x
Aug 29, 2017
Great causes - good luck with the fundraising.
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding