Weʼve raised £3,585 to help fund new and improved equipment for our wheelchair rugby club. Plus a percentage to two other charities.
- Poole, United Kingdom
- Funded on Monday, 14th May 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Crowd funding page – Fundraising target will be £10,000
24+ hour wheelchair rugby game needs YOUR support
On Saturday 17th March 2018, approximately 40 fearsome souls will go head-to-head or rather wheel-to-wheel to tackle the challenge of a 24 hour rugby fest, all in the name of fundraising for three amazing causes:
1. Dorset Destroyers – the major beneficiary and organisers - hoping for much needed funds and publicity to assure the future of the club, spread the word to others about the facility and encourage continued community support and cheer for our club and its players.
2. Royal Signals Benevolent Fund (RSBF) – a charity that has supported one of our players – a Royal Signals Veteran - and helps other Royal Signals soldier (serving or retired) and their families, should they be in situations of hardship or need. Royal Signals Soldiers are not only supporting this event by getting their players to test their mettle against our metal but have, together with the RSBF, helped and continue to help Dorset Destroyers through this fundraising journey.
3. Cakes 4 Casualties – An amazing charity baking and delivering delicious cakes to injured service personnel nationwide.
Dorset Destroyers (a community group not a charity) are a wheelchair rugby club based in Parkstone, Poole. The club is like a big family, kind of like how the Army is with lots of banter and fun plus a determination to improve. Some of our players have significant life changing injuries and illnesses but the club means they can continue to play a sport they love and it’s great for our mental state too. Established three years ago it’s become one of the biggest Wheelchair Rugby Clubs in the UK. Popularity comes at a price – if you think a car tyre is dear, imagine what it’s like maintaining tyres and tubes for our specialist chairs! And, if the going gets rough, that can mean up to X changes per game! Hall, hire, chair maintenance, tyres, insurance, physio and more are just some of the costs we hope to off-set by fundraising. Our team of helpers give their time generously - all we ask is that our supporters give whatever they can to support that work. No donation is too small – every penny counts.
Come and see us play:
The event will take place Saturday 17th March 2018 – Sunday 18th March 2018 at our regular meeting venue
Everyone Active, Rossmore Leisure Centre,
A Message from one of the organisers:
As an amputee, all three groups helped with my recovery and well-being – their support makes such an amazing difference.
Want to know more? Take a look at social media pages, including our great promotional video, produced by 4Com:
Our event page link:
A huge thank you to our major event sponsor, 4Com plc for your funding, design expertise, words of wisdom and so much more and to Sean and his team at Everyone Active Rossmore Leisure Centre for your unstinting help and support.
- 6 months ago
David Wilkinson6 months ago
Share this update to help us raise more
David Wilkinson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Apr 7, 2018
Well done Shaun and the rest of the team , nice one!!
Mar 25, 2018
Congrats Dave and the guys. Enjoyed watching it. All the best
Mar 21, 2018
Well done, Liz Mortimore! Great cause!
Mar 21, 2018
Well done that was not easy
Mar 20, 2018
Mar 19, 2018
Well done Liz
Mar 19, 2018
You did a fabulous job, exceeded all expectations. Be proud of yourselves, No-one in the World has done this.YOU DID !!
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Poole, United Kingdom
My name is Dave Wilkinson, I am one of the players for the wheelchair rugby club, Dorset Destroyers. Also one of the organisers for 24 hour event. Please help us by sharing the page and if you can make a donation to the page too, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.