We did it!

Gareth Stephens raised £170 from 11 supporters.

or

Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 28/03/2017

3%
£170raised of £5,000 target by 11 supporters

    Weʼve raised £170 to Raise money for vital equipment and speech therapy for Haydn

    Location
    Cwmbran, United Kingdom
    Time left
    Funded on Tuesday, 28th March 2017

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised

    Story

    I would like to introduce you to Haydn, Haydn is now nearly three years old, at the age of fifteen months he was diagnosed with a very rare illness called Diencephalic syndrome and a pylocytic astrocytoma of the hypothalamus (Brain tumour), he underwent surgery for removal of brain tumour on June 1st 2015 the surgeons managed to remove approx 80% of tumour but the remaining 20% was attached to his optic nerves leaving him with approx 35% vision.

    The following year was spent travelling to and from hospital for once weekly and later on once fortnightly chemotherapy sessions, despite chemotherapy by December 2015 the Tumour had grown back to 75% of its original size.

    On 9th August 2016 he underwent surgery again this time the surgeon was successful in removing almost all the tumour (99%) but in doing so took his optic nerves and the optic chasm leaving Haydn completely blind.

    Since the surgery Haydn has been left with mild brain damage and partial paralysis of the left side of his body, with regular physiotherapy and speech therapy we hope will make a near complete recovery.

    At the hospital Haydn is receiving regular physiotherapy but when he is allowed to go home he will only be able to have it once a week.

    Haydn was and still is a very bright and happy child despite the trauma of what he has had to go through in his young life, we all want the best possible life we can give him, please help us make his life easier and bright again.

    Updates

    0

      8 months ago

      Gareth Stephens started crowdfunding

      Leave a message of support

      Supporters

      11

      • Lee Williams

        Lee Williams

        Dec 17, 2016

        Wishing you all the very best, hope you manage to reach your target, such a brave lad and an inspiration to all. Stay strong and keep fighting young man!!

        £20.00

      • Claire Jackson

        Claire Jackson

        Dec 3, 2016

        Sending lots of love and hugs to a beautiful little boy ❤️

        £10.00

      • Annette

        Annette

        Dec 3, 2016

        What a great little man

        £30.00

      • Jacqueline Tonge

        Jacqueline Tonge

        Dec 2, 2016

        Best wishes for they future, an amazing little boy and family x

        £20.00

      • Gill Johnson

        Gill Johnson

        Dec 2, 2016

        £10.00

      • John  keane

        John keane

        Dec 1, 2016

        £15.00

      • Victoria Wood

        Victoria Wood

        Dec 1, 2016

        £10.00

      About the fundraiser
      Gareth Stephens

      Gareth Stephens

      Cwmbran, United Kingdom

      Report this Page

      * JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.

      Great people make things happen

      Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

      Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

      Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding